Via

Art communicates beauty. Via means "way" in Latin, and I believe we each have our own way to create. This blog celebrates unique mediums of expression.



"View from Above" poem about Mississippi River from flight window: FL to STL 4/2010

"View from Above" poem about the Mississippi River


I wish I could feel

the rocky banks that angle down to the squishy bottom.

The mix of steely rock

and soft mud,

Like a nutty chocolate pudding pie.



Slide down that bank

and create my own grooves-

my own path:

as I descend onto my belly and wiggle in the mushy mud pie floor.


Until I look up,

beckoned by the white light above me dancing on the water's surface.

Hear me St. Louis!







Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"What I saw Today" (Well, really yesterday)

I saw a black bird with fire, red wings.
I saw three teens smoking pot on a bench.
I looked for a four leaf clover in a sea of 3's.
I saw 3 male mallards passing in a line:
all grey, and maroon, and emarald, and white, and orange. (Although, I've always thought their beaks were marigold in my head.)
I scared off a black crow as I found my rocky perch.
SCREECH! went the black bird who came back to visit me and show me that his wings were really two stripes of orange and yellow--I guess they mix in mid-flap to make red?
I saw a Scottie dog being walked--I forgot how much I love their beard tufts!
I saw Ducks mating or .... Were those 2 male mallards attacking her? She seemed distressed; her baby even tried to protect her by getting in between. But then she jumped over her baby. Maybe she liked it.--I don't know. Yea, I guess they were mating.
I had a couple on paddle boat scream at me as I crossed a suspension bridge:
"HEY!HEY!HEY YOU! We're lost!,How do we get back to the boat house?!"
I told them to turn around and go the opposite direction; I hope I was right:)

No comments:

Post a Comment