Via

Art communicates beauty. Via means "way" in Latin, and I believe we each have our own way to create. This blog celebrates unique mediums of expression.



"View from Above" poem about Mississippi River from flight window: FL to STL 4/2010

"View from Above" poem about the Mississippi River


I wish I could feel

the rocky banks that angle down to the squishy bottom.

The mix of steely rock

and soft mud,

Like a nutty chocolate pudding pie.



Slide down that bank

and create my own grooves-

my own path:

as I descend onto my belly and wiggle in the mushy mud pie floor.


Until I look up,

beckoned by the white light above me dancing on the water's surface.

Hear me St. Louis!







Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Venus


Been a while: After having a meaninful convo. with an Sr. co-worker about the beauty of the human body seen in Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus" I thought I'd share the painting and some thoughts. To her, Venus' beauty is two-fold: natural and symmetrical. And yet, she admitted that this classic beauty feeds into culture's beauty standards--nice skin, hair, and balanced form. However, upon reflection I wonder if Venus symbolizes more than just a beautiful body; could she also symbolize a balanced inside/soul? And isn't that really true beauty?, what we all strive for? Here's to balance! Here's to recognizing the Goodness within us all! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://pda.88000.org/wallpapers/36/The_Birth_of_Venus,_Sandro_Botticelli.jpg&imgrefurl=http://pda.88000.org/36__

No comments:

Post a Comment