Via

Art communicates beauty. Via means "way" in Latin, and I believe we each have our own way to create. This blog celebrates unique mediums of expression.



"View from Above" poem about Mississippi River from flight window: FL to STL 4/2010

"View from Above" poem about the Mississippi River


I wish I could feel

the rocky banks that angle down to the squishy bottom.

The mix of steely rock

and soft mud,

Like a nutty chocolate pudding pie.



Slide down that bank

and create my own grooves-

my own path:

as I descend onto my belly and wiggle in the mushy mud pie floor.


Until I look up,

beckoned by the white light above me dancing on the water's surface.

Hear me St. Louis!







Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today is dedicated to friends who bring out your light!

No comments:

Post a Comment